The Field Trip Project 2009 NGOs
This year’s EMBA field trip cooperates with Greek, Albanian, and Romanian not-for-profit organizations with the objective of assisting them in their work and so enhancing their social contribution. The Greek-based not-for-profit organizations involved this year are Greek Food Bank, Doctors of the World, Down Syndrome Association of Greece while some student groups are working with Heifer International and Hospice-Casa Sperantei in Albania and Romania respectively.
- Greek Food Bank, based in Athens, fights against hunger and waste. It disseminates to those in need (e.g., elderly people, orphans, disabled, and homeless) donations of food, beverages and other items in good condition and proper quality, within their expiration dates. http://www.foodbanking.org
- Doctors of the World (DW) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides aid to vulnerable populations around the world. DW provides independent and impartial support to those most in need. http://www.mdmgreece.gr
- Down Syndrome Association of Greece is based in Thessaloniki. It caters for the welfare of children with Down Syndrome and provides information and support to parents. http://www.down.gr
- Heifer International – Albania is a not-for-profit humanitarian organization dedicated to combat world hunger by providing livestock, trees, training, and other resources to help families in need to become self-reliant. http://www.heiferalbania.org.al
- Hospice-Casa Sperantei (HCS), located in Romania, believes that any person diagnosed with an incurable disease, at an advanced stage, has the right to quality care to alleviate suffering and control distressing symptoms. HCS is the first not-for-profit organization of this kind operating in Romania. http://www.hospice.ro
Back to Field Trip Projects
Not-for-profit organisations interested in taking part in next year's EMBA field trip are welcome to participate and are invited to send their contact details to our email:
or alternatively call us on +30 2310 807540.