The Field Trip Project 2008 NGOs
This year's EMBA field trip cooperates with Albanian, Bulgarian and Greek not-for-profit organisations with the objective of assisting them in their work and so enhancing their social contribution. The Greek-based not-for-profit organisations involved this year are Arcturos, Callisto, Doctors Without Frontiers, Hellenic Rescue Team and Sotir while student groups are working with the WWF and Eden in Bulgaria and Albania respectively.
- Arcturos, based in Thessaloniki, has been working for the conversation of large carnivores and their habitats both in Greece and the Balkans. Through applied research it gathers information that allows dynamic intervention in cases where important habitats are threatened or destroyed by large technical works such as roads, dams, quarries and so on. http://www.arcturos.gr/
- Callisto, which is situated in Thessaloniki, aims at the protection of the environment as a public and collective commodity. Some of their concerns are related with the protection of the bear, the wolf and the extinction of the lynx. http://www.callisto.gr/
- Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)/ Doctors Without Borders is an international humanitarian aid organisation that provides aid in nearly 60 countries to people whose survival is threatened by violence, neglect, or catastrophe, primarily due to armed conflict, epidemics, malnutrition, exclusion from health care, or natural disasters.
MSF provides independent, impartial assistance to those most in need. In 1999, MSF received the Nobel Peace Prize. MSF-Greece was founded in 1990 in Athens. http://www.msf.gr/
- The Eden Centre in Tirana, Albania, targets at the development of a sustainable and healthy environment. Its current focus is on environmental education, waste management and local-capacity building especially in NGOs. http://www.powerfulinformation.org/page.cfm?pageid=pi-eden
- Hellenic Rescue Team is a non-governmental organization of Search and Rescue whose members participated voluntarily in operations since 1978. HRT fundamental objectives are the search and rescue of people in need as well as to provide humanitarian aid inside and outside the country. http://hrt.org.gr/
- Sotir, based in Thessaloniki, caters for the welfare of paraplegic people as well as people with special needs.
- WWF, located in Sofia, Bulgaria, has worked since 1998. Its main objectives are the conservation and restoration of biodiversity in the region. http://bulgaria.panda.org/
Back to Field Trip Projects
Not-for-profit organisations interested in taking part in next year's EMBA field trip are welcome to participate and are invited to send their contact details to our email:
or alternatively call us on +30 2310 807540.